Not necessarily. In this situation, you must carry your expired passport with the valid Chinese Visa, along with your new valid passport. However, your vital personal information (name, sex, date of birth, and nationality) must be the same on both passports. If any changes have been made to  your personal data for any reason (change in name due to a marriage for example) then you will have have to obtain a new visa.