The China Individual Visa can ONLY be used for entry at:

Shanghai - Pudong International Airport,
or Hongqiao International Airport. 

** You can leave the country at any border post but entry is restricted with this type of visa.

The Individual Visa can only be used for the following purposes:

  • Business meeting
  • Participation in fairs and events
  • Business Marketing
  • Research and Development
  • Business Negotiation

If you wish to travel to China for tourism then you have to apply for the China Group Visa.

After approval the visa will be sent to you by the Ministry of Public Security in the format known as the Official Notification of the Visa.

You will receive this notification visa email. 

You then print this letter (in color)  and take it with you when you travel to China to show it at the Check-In desk at the time of departure.

The Official Notification of the Visa must be used within 30 days from the date of issuance.

Once you arrive at the airport of "Shanghai - Pudong International Airport or Hongqiao International Airport", you will find a Visa ATM "VISA ON ARRIVAL". 

There you will present your passport, the printed Official Notification of the Visa, the form for Visa on arrival filled and a passport photo. You will then receive your visa on arrival - make sure you have 2 blank pages open in your passport.